Tangled Pad Thai with Peanut-Lime Dressing - RECIPE
I cannot get enough of this thai salad; not only is it quick to whip up for lunches, but it's also been great to have during these warm fall days that we've been experiencing this month. I also like to make a double batch of the dressing and save it in the fridge for the next day.
What you're going to need for the salad (two servings):
- Two carrots
- A zucchini
- Thick pad thai rice noodles
- Purple cabbage
- any other vegetable that you might want to include
- 1-2 tbsp Peanut butter (Adam's is my brand of choice--no artificial Skippy or Kraft PB, it won't work with this recipe)
- 4 tbsp of Tamari (I prefer the low sodium version or it can get too salty)
- 2 tbsp Olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon of Garlic (I never measure my garlic haha)
- Juice from a large lime
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- To make the dressing, just place all ingredients in a mason jar (with a lid) and shake vigourously. If you're having a hard time with the peanut butter smoothing out, just use a fork and whisk it until it becomes smooth and blends in with the rest of the ingredients.
Place two handfuls of spinach in your bowl, and then start spiralizing your veggies and add them into your bowl. While your making your vegetable noodles, start bowling some water for your noodles and cook them according to the package (I like to take mine out of the water a few minutes before the package suggests). When the noodles are ready, drain and rinse them in cold water. Add the noodles and shredded cabbage (and whatever other veggies you'd like) to your bowl and top it all with sprouts. Take your mixed dressing and apply liberally to your thai salad. Et voila! You now have the meal I've been eating non stop for the last week.