Weekly Feature - Bethany Menzel
I am absolutely THRILLED to be starting this brand new feature today!!As many of you may know, I've been continually searching for new ways to actively involve myself more in the creative and arts community throughout the fall. Whether that be connecting online, or going out for coffee, I've already formed so many great relationships with incredibly talented people all around (and beyond!) the Edmonton area. For some time now, I've been wanting to extend that reach to some of my current favourite creatives, and BRANCH OUT internationally! As a newly installed weekly blog feature, I am having a new GUEST BLOGGER featured here every Tuesday!! The individuals I have asked to be a part of this series are anything from photographers, writers, designers, dreamers, creators, adventurers, stylists, innovators, and all around unique, beautiful, and real people. I'm so blessed to have the opportunity to include some really incredible ladies on my blog, and I just can't WAIT for you all to meet them!
Bethany Menzel is a 21 year old blogger and hair stylist residing in White Rock, BC with her husband, puppy, and little baby girl who is due to arrive this January! She loves Jesus, donuts, warm weather, fish tacos, and black nail polish.
1. Who/what is your favorite blogger/blog to read? My all time favourite blog is Bleubird. It's one of the first blogs that I started reading. I fell in love with their adorable unique family and her photography, it was what inspired me to start blogging. I still check it every few days!
2. What is your favorite creative pass time? One of my favourite creative past time is blogging. I blog over at Treasures and Travels daily, but my personal blog This One's For You is my creative outlet. I love getting the chance to take photos and have a place to dump everything on my mind. I also love to decorate and work on house projects, whenever my husband is out of town I usually put my spare time towards tearing some corner of our house apart.
3. It’s a cool, rainy, fall day and you’re cozied up on the couch with a book and hot drink; what could we find you reading, and what is in your mug? Hmm... Well to be honest with you other than my bible I'm not much of a reader. When I'm on vacation I'll read through a non-fiction, but I just can't seem to get captured by books the way some people do. In my mug would be chai tea with cream and sugar, mmm!
4. If you could only choose one, would you rather wear flannels or oversized sweaters for the entire winter season? Oversized Sweaters. I will wear a tank top as long as I can get away with it, but since I live in Vancouver and not Hawaii (Where I like to think I live) I usually have a big sweater to throw over when I go out.
5. What is one person/thing/quote/song etc. that you turn to if you’re having a less-than-positive day? It depends on the type of bad day I'm having. If there is something going on that's getting me down I'll pray, go for a walk, and read my bible. But if I'm just feeling like a tired hormonal girl, then I crack a bottle of wine, eat donuts, and watch too many reruns of Keeping Up with the Kardashians.
6. What is one goal (can be personal, business related etc) that you are currently working towards this fall? This fall the girls that I blog with on Treasures & Travels and I have been working really hard on some upcoming projects. We've been setting up a studio space, working on tons of new content and getting ready for our launch in November! We are very excited!
7. Leave a piece of advice to others beginning their journey down a creative pathway (whether it be photographer, writer, blogger, designer etc), what was the best thing that someone told you when starting out? I really like the quote "Comparison is the thief of joy." It's so true. It's great to be inspired by others, but once you start to compare yourself you'll never be satisfied. Do what YOU love, and don't do it for recognition just do it because it makes you happy.